Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Thesaurus is an indispensable guide to finding exactly the right word every time!
• More than 275,000 word choices, examples, and explanations
• Concise definitions pinpoint the meaning shared by synonyms
• Usage examples for each of its synonyms
• Includes related words, idiomatic phrases, near antonyms, and antonyms
Search and Input features:
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary content, including headwords and usage examples.
• Three integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software, search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher) or take a picture of the text and get definition of words with Google Goggles.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions and the Share button feature (Available for OS 4.0 and higher) allow to copy unknown words from an active application, like web browsers or email, and automatically to open the relevant dictionary entry.
• English morphology module helps to find words in any grammatical form.
• List of similar words will result in case of misspelled look-ups.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Full linguistic information – with declension and conjugation tables – is included, making Merriam-Webster a must-have for any language scholar (for English, French and Spanish)!
• Search for anagrams (e. g. bat-tab).
• English audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
• Word of the Day—a random dictionary definition daily.
• Improved interface design with easy-to-access navigation and search field makes dictionary use simple.
• Lightning-fast new engine allows dictionary entries to open as soon as you click with no delays.
• Favorites - to quickly access frequently searched words.
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort.
• No Internet connection required.
Merriam-Webster Inc. acquired the rights to revise and publish Noah Webster’s dictionaries in 1843. Since then, Merriam-Webster has maintained an ongoing commitment to innovation, scholarship, and love of language. Each Merriam-Webster dictionary is the product of extensive research and painstaking writing and editing conducted by the largest group of full-time lexicographers in North America. Today, the company continues as the leader in language reference publishing with bestselling reference books and electronic references, popular Web sites and a range of licensed products.
推薦Merriam-Webster's Thesaurus App詳情介紹網站
Merriam-Webster Dictionary - Official SiteEpiphany A feast day which celebrates the Magi's visit ... Hipsterism When a Reddit thread investigated what it means to be a hipster Haberdashery This old word for men's clothing has a role in the latest Tarantino film Hogmanay The Scottish ...
Merriam-Webster's Dictionary and Thesaurus: Merriam-Webster: 9780877798637: Amazon.com: BooksEnter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (Laminated Cover): Merriam-Webster: 0081413008074: Amazon.coEnter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
app - Dictionary and Thesaurus | Merriam-WebsterEpiphany A feast day which celebrates the Magi's visit ... Hipsterism When a Reddit thread investigated what it means to be a hipster Haberdashery This old word for men's clothing has a role in the latest Tarantino film Hogmanay The Scottish term for New
Merriam-webster's Pocket Dictionary - Walmart.comBuy Merriam-webster's Pocket Dictionary at Walmart.com ... Walmart offers free pickup for most orders placed online - for many items as soon as today! Tell us where you are and we'll show you which Walmart stores and partner locations near you are availab
Merriam-Webster App for Windows 8 - YouTubeAmerica's most useful and respected dictionary -- designed and enhanced for Windows 8. In addition to all the definitions, the app includes an integrated thesaurus, example sentences, Word of the Day, and Favorites—along with over 1,000 illustrations and
famine - Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionaryfam·ine (făm′ĭn) n. 1. A drastic, wide-reaching food shortage. 2. A drastic shortage; a dearth. 3. Severe hunger; starvation. 4. Archaic Extreme appetite. [Middle English, from Old French, from faim, hunger, from Latin famēs.] famine (ˈfæmɪn) n 1. a sever
13 Best Dictionary App For Android Free Download 2014 - Nerd's Magazine4. Thesaurus Free This application for Android retrieve the synonym for every word. If available you will get antonyms, related terms, similar word and user suggestions too. This is also a good dictionary for android users. 5. Urban Dictionary This applic